Retaining Bookmark in PA

jayanthi
jayanthi Community Member Posts: 2
Hi,

When user quits the course from Assessment and revisits the course again, from bookmark popup it should navigate to the question from where user had exited the course. Below I've explained the requirement with example.

For example:

Assessment has 75 questions. When user exits course from 5th question and revisits the course, user should be redirected to 5th question and score of the 4 questions should also be retained.

We are using Lectora Inspire.

Anyone please guide me on this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    What is a PA?
  • jayanthi
    jayanthi Community Member Posts: 2
    PA means Post Assessment.
  • benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    You did not say how you are publishing the course. That makes a HUGE difference.
    1. If you are using an LMS, then it should bring the learner back. You may need to check various options when publishing. Check them closely.
    2. If you are publishing to Web HTML only, then you have to do it yourself. Search this forum for bookmarking. You need 1 line of JavaScript to get the current URL and save it in a retained variable. Then you need the first page of the course to look at the variable and send the user to that location using a Go To Web Addr. action.
    3. If you are publishing to single file executable, I think it may do it. Never tried it. The user can set many of their own bookmarks by simply right clicking on the course in the Windows taskbar.