Extracting Question Information

elviszoparo
elviszoparo Community Member Posts: 16
Hi,

I would like to know if it possible to extrac all information from question variables (question text, selected answer by user, correct answer etc.).

I'm trying to build custom test results for over 30 question test. I bulitin Custom Results it would be a lot of scrolling, so I will split it to several pages.

I want to make these pages generated automatically, or semi-automatic. :)

Is it possible?

Comments

• evanh
    evanh Community Member Posts: 9
    How you do this will depend on if the test is randomized or not.

If your test is not randomized, your question text and the correct answer for that question will always be the same, so you can just type those out. The user's answer will be saved in the question's variable.

If your test is randomized, you will need to save each page's question text to a variable, detect which question's are shown and in which order, and then use this information to display the questions in the order that they were displayed to the learner. The question variable will still hold the answer.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Depends on how much effort you want to put into this... You'll have hack your way through Trivantis API to get to them. Not impossible, but requires some research.

You can start with this:

var myTM = getTitleMgrHandle()

var myTest = myTM.arTests[0]

and then see what you can do with the test. Chances are, you will be able to use its methods to get the list of questions, options and actual answers.