Drag and drop and Internet Explorer problems

jackis
jackis Community Member Posts: 17
I have Lectora V11 modules published to SCORM and run through Moodle.

My courses have swf files (drag and drop activities that are created in Flypaper). When viewed on Firefox and Chrome the drag and drops run perfectly. When viewed on Internet Explorer, the drag and drops don't work. The user can click on a draggable asset, move it a couple of millimetres and then it stops and won't let the user move the draggble item.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Generally, I find that the majority of the the problems I have with SCORM courses occurs when internet explorer is being used. Is this a common problem?

Thanks for your help.

Jacki

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Who created the SWF interactions? Did you talk to them?
  • jackis
    I created them myself and publish as a single swf.

Looking at it further, what I find is happening in IE is that the drag and drop works but the animation of the draggable asset moving along the path that the user's mouse takes isn’t. So if the user clicks on a draggable asset and drags it to a drop location, the asset doesn’t appear to move. But when the user releases the mouse button over the area they want to drop it on, the asset does drop correctly.
  • ssneg
    Does it happen when you view the SWF in IE without Lectora? It's important to understand whether Lectora is an issue at all.

Also, do you have a demo?
  • jackis
    I've tested the three I am currently looking at and all three work perfectly when played directly in IE, so it would appear to be a Lectora or scorm player issue within Moodle.

When you ask for a demo do you just want to see the swf file or lectora file, or just a visual indication of what it is doing?
  • ssneg
    Ideally, a scorm package (feel free to strip everything except the page with SWF) so that I can upload it to my Moodle and see if it works. You can reach me at [email protected].