Customise Test Results page - print and OK button

kelly_qin
kelly_qin Community Member Posts: 8
I wanted to use the customise test result page to display my quiz results and to show the incorrect questions.

Currently, i have 15 banks with different numbers of questions in it. Total questions in all banks = 120. I will only randomise 2 questions from each bank which means the end test results page will only display at most 30 incorrect questions. But somehow after I have published it to HTML, the OK and Print button will not appear right after the last incorrect question. It will appear after a big and empty gap which is after the last wrong question. In another words, after the last incorrect question, I will have to see a empty space then got to scroll right down to see the button. Any way to get rid of the empty space? In the test results page in the lectora working file, the arrangement seems ok. I have 120 questions lined up nicely and the footer(That shows OK and Print) is just after the last question. I dont know what had happened after I published it.

Comments

• jsearcy
    jsearcy Community Member Posts: 61
    Have you tried moving the footer to the top of the page?

Update: I was able to move the footer up but there are still issues with spacing.

Our developers group has always devised our own custom feedback page using variables and a list of items to review based on incorrect answers. While there would be a good bit more work to do in your case, you could control better what the learner sees.
  • amiandrews
    amiandrews Community Member Posts: 2
    Hey so I've had some similar issues to my test results, but mine is a little less complicated as I want to see everything. I've customized this test results page and moved things around, however, I've found it is really touchy and will rearrange things on you, even if you lock down fields or answer sections. I believe I've been able to fix the majority of my issues, so that they are acceptable to my team, however, I have one outstanding issue.

The results page should fit on one page, it prints on 3 pages and I cannot shrink the test results pop up window down to the right size. I'll adjust the properties of the page, but it won't move the page properties at all. So basically, I have text with two pages of blank space below it. Any suggestions? I'm new to these types of technical forums so I hope this is alright.

I'm using Lectora 11 and have attached a screenshot of the test results page along with the page properties so everyone can see the basics. It's not pretty, but I'm more concerned about a working product, then I will worry about beautifying it.

Thank you!

Ami
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 944 ♦ Idol ♦
    @kelly_qin 56025 wrote:
    I wanted to use the customise test result page to display my quiz results and to show the incorrect questions.

Currently, i have 15 banks with different numbers of questions in it. Total questions in all banks = 120. I will only randomise 2 questions from each bank which means the end test results page will only display at most 30 incorrect questions. But somehow after I have published it to HTML, the OK and Print button will not appear right after the last incorrect question. It will appear after a big and empty gap which is after the last wrong question. In another words, after the last incorrect question, I will have to see a empty space then got to scroll right down to see the button. Any way to get rid of the empty space? In the test results page in the lectora working file, the arrangement seems ok. I have 120 questions lined up nicely and the footer(That shows OK and Print) is just after the last question. I dont know what had happened after I published it.

Coming in a year and a half late, but in case someone else finds this thread: what I did was copy the OK button and put that copy in the header. That way, when a student sees nothing at the bottom of the page (because the button is two screens of nothing away for some reason) they can just scroll back to the top and press OK. (I hide the Print button because the students should not print these tests.) Then I had to duplicate the header's function, because when published to AICC sometimes it refuses to display the score or pass/fail status. Annoying.
  • dfleary
    dfleary Community Member Posts: 82 ☆ Roadie ☆
    All:

We hear you! :-)

I wanted to let you know that we are in process of redesigning test results to allow you more control of what is displayed and how it is displayed.

We were not able to get it into the new V12 release but hopefully it will make it's way up the priority list for an upcoming release!

Daryl Fleary

Product Manager

Trivantis