How can I get videos to play more than once?

tomljagogo
tomljagogo Community Member Posts: 28
I have this issue with videos not playing more than once. I am using the player controls and I can only play the video once, but if I click to play in again nothing happens, and I get a blank video element. How can I remedy this?

Comments

• charlie29
    charlie29 Community Member Posts: 4
    I am having the same problem. Anybody able to resolve this?
  • andy0dave
    andy0dave Community Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

We have faced this problem. We managed to fix this (Not 100% tested) by adding an Event to the end of the video.

Select your video within lectora and cliock on the Sync Events button in the Properties ribbon.

Just before your video ends add a new event that stops the video. This we believe stops and sends the play head back to the start of the video. The next time you run a "PLAY" actions it will play from the start again.

Hope this helps.

Andy (Credit to a colleague -> Syril)
  • ummakumma
    ummakumma Community Member Posts: 97
    @andy0dave 64008 wrote:
    Hello,

We have faced this problem. We managed to fix this (Not 100% tested) by adding an Event to the end of the video.

Select your video within lectora and cliock on the Sync Events button in the Properties ribbon.

Just before your video ends add a new event that stops the video. This we believe stops and sends the play head back to the start of the video. The next time you run a "PLAY" actions it will play from the start again.

Hope this helps.

Andy (Credit to a colleague -> Syril)

Yes! Thanks to Syril! I got it working but I needed to put the action about 0.20 seconds before the end. I have not tested this fully either.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I just tested the "out of the box" functionality by dropping a short video onto a page and previewing it. Sometimes it freezes on the second attempt to play and sometimes on the third. Really strange and looks like a JWplayer bug or JW configuration issue. Unfortunately, it's JWplayer 5, and the latest version is 6, so this could be linked e.g. to one of recent Flash updates that were not (and won't be) handled in JWplayer 5.
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,207 ♦ Idol ♦
    It seems indeed to be linked to the Flash player somehow. I didn't witness any problems when viewing the same page on an ipad...

Tim