Transparent button and IE11

dunnjo98
dunnjo98 Community Member Posts: 25
So, I have some learners that were having an issue with a transparent button not being recognized and it turns out that all those having the issue are in IE11, instead of IE9. I am trying to figure a workaround for that and I am not being successful. My course only opens in IE, so it strictly that browser issue.

I attempted to add an HTML Top of file scripting that is supposedly making IE11 act like IE9 and it is not working:

Any tips would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• fnipper
    fnipper Community Member Posts: 6
    Depending on your LMS, you may be able to set the course to launch in compatibility mode which might fix your issue. For example, we use Cornerstone, and in the LMS itself, I can make a course launch in IE9 Compatibility so even if they are running IE11, it will open up and act like they are running IE9.

Just a thought and possibly an easy solution.
  • dunnjo98
    Thanks for your reply, our LMS is not giving us that option. I need a work around in Lectora and then all the other programs we are using too. IE11 is causing some major issues across the board. *shakes fist at Microsoft
  • dunnjo98
    As a follow up, I also tried creating a transparent button externally using AI and the same issue.
  • dunnjo98
    So, I created a transparent GIF, I replaced the transparent buttons with said GIF, then in the title explorer, I made sure I brought it to front (on top of the fact that I had "Always on Top" checked). All these helped me solve this issue in IE11. Not sure it will help for anyone else that might be having the same issue.