Matching Question character limitation issue

jsearcy
jsearcy Community Member Posts: 61
I have a matching question that has terms and descriptions to match but the descriptions contain too much text to fit in the matching dialog boxes. My work around is to add the text to the textboxes after I've created the question directly on the page. Has anyone had issues with this? If so, what did you do to overcome it? (Lectora 11v2a)

Comments

• benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    No, I have not. You should be able to edit the text boxes outside the Question Creator.

Know that matching is not a good choice for this type activity. Activities should help imprint the correct info. Matching imprints a bunch of criss-crossed lines. Not very useful. Much better is to use a drag and drop. then the terms are next to the definitions. For many of my clients I use several 1 drag and 1 drop location D&Ds on a page. This way, the Drag Item will only drop in one place making feedback so much simpler. I use a transparent gif or even Lectora shape. Works very well and clients love it.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @benpitman 60864 wrote:
    Activities should help imprint the correct info. Matching imprints a bunch of criss-crossed lines.
    Quote of the month! :)
  • jsearcy
    jsearcy Community Member Posts: 61
    Thanks for the response. Dr Lectora! I know I can count on you and Sergey for a valuable response! :) I actually did talk the client into presenting the question differently instead of using my work around. I was just curious how others were handling the issue of character limitation.