Change Text Style Based on User Selection

pjgoldstein
pjgoldstein Community Member Posts: 19
I have a navigation panel on the left side of my course template listing the chapters in the course. The chapter names are text boxes.

How can I change the style of the text box representing the chapter for the selected page within that chapter?

Any assistance appreciated!

Comments

• kellykungfu
    kellykungfu Community Member Posts: 83
    @pjgoldstein 56775 wrote:
    I have a navigation panel on the left side of my course template listing the chapters in the course. The chapter names are text boxes.

How can I change the style of the text box representing the chapter for the selected page within that chapter?

Any assistance appreciated!

One method is to have several buttons with the different style of text types you need. The first button and text type is visible on show of the page. Add an action to that button to go where you want it to go and then another action to hide the button and lastly another action to show the next button w/ the text type you want next. Of course if the learner revists this page, you'll need a condition to keep the first button from not showing again.

Hope that made sense ;)

-kelly
  • pjgoldstein
    pjgoldstein Community Member Posts: 19
    @kellykungfu 56782 wrote:
    One method is to have several buttons with the different style of text types you need. The first button and text type is visible on show of the page. Add an action to that button to go where you want it to go and then another action to hide the button and lastly another action to show the next button w/ the text type you want next. Of course if the learner revists this page, you'll need a condition to keep the first button from not showing again.

Hope that made sense ;)

-kelly

I should have pointed out that the content has to be accessible. Given that, I thought it best to keep the nav as text where the styles would not affect the readers...

Perhaps a way to say: onclick, change the chapter name for the selected page to red/bold font and return all other navigation text to the default black/regular font.