Cannot Save Lectora File at Random Times

sjp
sjp Community Member Posts: 5
For some reason I'll randomly get this message when trying to save in Lectora:

"There was an error attempting to save the file. The current changes have not been saved. Please try saving the file again."

So...I try to save multiple times and it won't save and keeps giving me that message. I close out, try to go back in, click "ok" to recover unsaved work, then it says the file is corrupted. When I say not to save the unsaved work, I'm back to where I was before I tried to save and keep getting the cannot save error message.

As far as I know, it isn't prompting me with that message after I do something specific within Lectora...this happens in different files, not just a specific one. Please help. This is driving our company crazy.

Comments

• sunil
    sunil Community Member Posts: 2
    Hi sjp,

I'm also facing same problem, when i add 17 chapter in title error massage shows....

Please reply if you find solution on this problem....

Thanks
  • sjp
    sjp Community Member Posts: 5
    @sunil 57045 wrote:
    Hi sjp,

I'm also facing same problem, when i add 17 chapter in title error massage shows....

Please reply if you find solution on this problem....

Thanks

My boss and I actually realized it was an issue with using a file from Enterprise and bringing it into Inspire. We tried to remember all the steps we made before trying to save, looked at each page that we edited and made sure nothing was out of wack....for example: an image brought in from Lectora Enterprise that was stretched, page sizes differing, etc.

We kept finding that every time we couldn't save, something in Inspire was slightly off that we had to adjust and then could save the file just fine.

I hope that helps you!
  • ksshaw
    ksshaw Community Member Posts: 1
    For some reason Lectora's save icon is non-functional.

I also cannot "save as" to the same drive as automatically populates the save as window. I have to choose a different drive. Then "save as" again to my main drive. This usually works - about 60% of the time. But, a real pain because - really - what software program out there cannot save its own work? Weren't these protocols written in the 80s?

The other 40% of the time, it just loses my work. Won't save with the icon. Won't save as either.

I have wasted countless hours redoing work.

Last night, I exercised my right to be insane - doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. I retyped edits on a page 5 times before it finally saved.

Insanity says it all,
  • parahandy
    parahandy Community Member Posts: 31
    I have tried to save the same minor text change several times but I keep gettign the error message and it the ncrashes out of the programme.

Any ideas or solutions most welcome. Pulling out wha tlittle hair I have left :((