Remove bookmarking from scorm 1.2 published content

carolyn_aviva
carolyn_aviva Community Member Posts: 3
Hi All - I'm infrequent user of lectora and use version 2008.

I've built a course that has a randomised end of course test. The contents will be stored on Workday LMS. If the learner exits the course during the test, I would like the course to bookmark back to the introduction page of the test (or the menu, if easier) and not the last question visited. I thought Lectora did this automatically, but this does not seem the case in my course. Does anyone know how I could resolve this? I presume it can be done with a dreaded variable? Any advice would be much apprecaited.

Regards.

Carolyn.

Comments

• kellykungfu
    kellykungfu Community Member Posts: 83
    @Carolyn_Aviva 56741 wrote:
    Hi All - I'm infrequent user of lectora and use version 2008.

I've built a course that has a randomised end of course test. The contents will be stored on Workday LMS. If the learner exits the course during the test, I would like the course to bookmark back to the introduction page of the test (or the menu, if easier) and not the last question visited. I thought Lectora did this automatically, but this does not seem the case in my course. Does anyone know how I could resolve this? I presume it can be done with a dreaded variable? Any advice would be much apprecaited.

Regards.

Carolyn.

Hi Carolyn,

Surprised nobody responded yet. Although you probably would of gotten more response in the main forum. In any case all you need is one action for each of the pages in your test. The action needed is On Show, Modify Variable, Target = AICC_Lesson_Location, Type Set Equal To, and the Value VAR(here is where you put the name of the Page you want your learners to resume from).

Hope it works out for ya.

-kelly
  • kellykungfu
    kellykungfu Community Member Posts: 83
    @kellykungfu 57068 wrote:
    Hi Carolyn,

Surprised nobody responded yet. Although you probably would of gotten more response in the main forum. In any case all you need is one action for each of the pages in your test. The action needed is On Show, Modify Variable, Target = AICC_Lesson_Location, Type Set Equal To, and the Value VAR(here is where you put the name of the Page you want your learners to resume from).

Hope it works out for ya.

-kelly

Sorry forgot to mention, for the Value VAR() section, the name of the page once compiled is what needs to go here. For example, it'll more than likely start with a001(then the name of your chapter/page).html

-kelly
  • andy0dave
    andy0dave Community Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

Iv been looking into building my own tracking using Lectora and WOW they haven't half made this unnecessarily difficult!

Im just trying to set a lesson location when you enter each page but I don't seem to find anywhere where Lectora stores the outputted html name. Instead it hard codes the pageXXXX.html reference into each page. It also hard codes the trivExitPage function into each page so adding something like the following will only work when each outputted page is manually edited.

function trivExitPage( newPage, bFeedback ) {
    LMSSetValue("cmi.core.lesson_location", newPage);
    }[/CODE]

i understand you can set the location with the modify variable action but you have no way of storing the html name to later pass to the change page function...

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Andy[CODE]function trivExitPage( newPage, bFeedback ) {

}[/CODE]

i understand you can set the location with the modify variable action but you have no way of storing the html name to later pass to the change page function...

Andy
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @andy0dave 63869 wrote:
    Hello,

Iv been looking into building my own tracking using Lectora and WOW they haven't half made this unnecessarily difficult!

Im just trying to set a lesson location when you enter each page but I don't seem to find anywhere where Lectora stores the outputted html name. Instead it hard codes the pageXXXX.html reference into each page. It also hard codes the trivExitPage function into each page so adding something like the following will only work when each outputted page is manually edited.

function trivExitPage( newPage, bFeedback ) {
    }[/CODE]

Andy
    Current html file name is easy to get:
    [CODE]var path = window.location.pathname;
    var page = path.substring(path.lastIndexOf('/')+1);
    [/CODE][CODE]function trivExitPage( newPage, bFeedback ) {

}[/CODE]

Andy

Current html file name is easy to get:

var path = window.location.pathname;
    [/CODE][CODE]var path = window.location.pathname;

[/CODE]
  • andy0dave
    andy0dave Community Member Posts: 15
    ssneg you lifesaver! works perfectly. You made my Friday a happy one :)