Previewing in browser — button not working

jawad
jawad Community Member Posts: 73
Hi,

I have created a simple button containing the action: "on double-click"; now the action works fine on "Run Mode" but it wont work when previewed on IE or Firefox browser.

Regards

Jawad

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,197 ♦ Idol ♦
    Double-click is not supported by any browser. You can workaround that by placing a transparent button over your button that has two actions:

On: Click

Action: Hide

Target: This object

On: Hide

Action: Show

Target: This object

Delay: 0.5 sec

So the "real" button can only be clicked within the 0.5 seconds the transparent button is hidden.

Tim
  • jawad
    jawad Community Member Posts: 73
    Thanks Tim,

Why don't browsers support double-click, and why is the option in Lectora?
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,197 ♦ Idol ♦
    It can be used in Lectora if you publish to .exe or to CD, i.e. the formats that are similar to Lectora preview. I don't know why browsers don't support it, maybe they just don't want to.

Tim
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @timk 56062 wrote:
    Double-click is not supported by any browser.
    Just to avoid confusion, double click action in Lectora is not supported by any browsers. So when you publish to HTML/SCORM, all double-click actions are ignored.

However, double-click action as such is supported by JavaScript in all modern browsers and I see no real reason for it to be not implemented in Lectora in future.

Here's a link that demonstrates various mouse events: http://unixpapa.com/js/testmouse.html, that would be a great feature for Lectora to implement. Or at least warn users during publish that Double-click events are removed.