How do they do it?

dtate
dtate Community Member Posts: 46
I downloaded the "Cooking with Lectora" sample course offered on their website. After some fairly gruesome "Alien Autopsy"-style dissecting of the course I figured out how most of the parts that process interactivity functioned.

The one that's got me is the rice question where they use the timer that's all dolled up to look like a kitchen time and it counts up when you hit the start/stop button and you have to stop it at any one of several minutes that are listed as correct in the fill-in-the-blank-style question. But I see nothing that links the time on the time to be the correct answer for the question.

If someone could explain this, I'd be most grateful. Here's the site where I got the course. http://lectora.com/sample-courses

Thanks!

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Tried to look at it but Lectora keeps crashing when trying to open it. Sometimes it throws "you don't have Flash" message at me before it crashes, sometimes it doesn't. I'll install Flash and try again.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Haha, took me a few minutes to get how it's done. When you click "start", a silent and invisible 90-second audio clip starts playing. It has 90 actions synced to it, firing each second. Each action modifies the Free Text question variable to "00:01", "00:02" and so on. Click on the "90 seconds blank" audio > Properties > Sync events to see it.

I attached a screenshot below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]632[/ATTACH]
  • dtate
    dtate Community Member Posts: 46
    So that's what that seemingly pointless 90-sec audio was for. That too was confusing to me. Thanks!