Status bar and hiding it

dunnjo98
dunnjo98 Community Member Posts: 25
Hello, first time poster. Curious and would like an answer if possible. I have a training that I have put up and it is fine, but there is this one annoying thing I cannot seem to get rid of and that is the status bar in the pop up course that tells the users the hrefs. I want to turn that off (NOT alt tags for images, I already figured that out).

I have attached the image in hopes that it will be clear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576[/ATTACH]

for more clarity, I am using (forced to use) IE for this. Not sure if that helps. You can also see it in the browser here when you hover over any kind of link. Which is fine in a large window, but when you create a pop-up training that is sized to the training, it is way more noticeable.

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

When you hover over a link, the browser will show you the link title (if it has a title attribute) or link target (if it no title has been specified). If you go to e.g. www.google.com and hover on various links and buttons, you'll see that.

Lectora buttons are actually links leading to "javascript:bla-bla-bla", so the browser will always show that. Users can probably switch it off in browser settings but this is not something you can style with CSS or hide using code as far as I know.

The only thing I can imagine is a pretty elaborate hack that would use JavaScript to replace the HREF attribute on all links with an empty string, move the actual Lectora script to a data attribute and then listened for clicks on links and executed whatever code Lectora wants that is now in data, not in href. This would probably get rid of the tooltips.

I hope someone can come up with something better.
  • benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    If you are talking about the status bar in the browser window, it is controlled either by the user if they have access to those options or the launching software. So if you are using an LMS you can remove the status there when the course is launched. If you are just running it from a server, then the best you can do is to have the first page of the course Go To the second page of the course and launch it it in a new window and surpress the status bar.

If this is not what you are refering to, please clarify.
  • dunnjo98
    dunnjo98 Community Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, that is what I figured. Thanks for getting back to me. Most users, it doesn't show, but I can see it being annoying to those who have it showing but don't know how to shut it off. Thanks again.