Publishing Lectora to SkillPort 8 LMS

lauraa330
lauraa330 Community Member Posts: 1
HELP! Does anyone use Skill Port 8 as their LMS? We are having issues with courses marking complete on Skill Port. Our previous LMS required the AICC Lesson Status to be set to "completed" and successfully booked mark complete. However, folks from Skillport have directed us to change the AICC Lesson Status to "passed". It worked in the test environment but not in production. There are no assessment scores being passed with it, only the ModVariable of "passed." If you use Skillport 8 and your courses are book marking successfully, can you give some direction on how you have set the final completion book mark - with and without an assessment score being passed. We have asked Skill Port for another client that uses Lectora as a resource but haven't received much luck on the referral.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• kellykungfu
    kellykungfu Community Member Posts: 83
    @LauraA330 60985 wrote:
    HELP! Does anyone use Skill Port 8 as their LMS? We are having issues with courses marking complete on Skill Port. Our previous LMS required the AICC Lesson Status to be set to "completed" and successfully booked mark complete. However, folks from Skillport have directed us to change the AICC Lesson Status to "passed". It worked in the test environment but not in production. There are no assessment scores being passed with it, only the ModVariable of "passed." If you use Skillport 8 and your courses are book marking successfully, can you give some direction on how you have set the final completion book mark - with and without an assessment score being passed. We have asked Skill Port for another client that uses Lectora as a resource but haven't received much luck on the referral.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Laura,

I might be way off, but if your passing the status as 'passed', then your LMS is waiting for a score. It'll also need a mastery score set at the proper threshold too. I think some LMSs are more picky then others on how it interprets the SCORM standards (if you can call it that)....
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Kelly might be onto something. Try setting the score variable to 100 manually (via a Modify Variable action). You don't need a test to do so. If that fails, try adding a test with a single true/false question along the lines of "I hereby certify that I completed the course - YES/NO".
  • jayseventwo
    jayseventwo Community Member Posts: 48
    Hi there, we use Skillport 7.3, and use "AICC_Lesson_Status = completed" which works fine.
  • kellykungfu
    kellykungfu Community Member Posts: 83
    Hi Laura,

When you manually set items like score, status, ect, depending on business needs, you'll have to be real careful of where you place those Lectora actions. For example, if you a open menu type of navigation or have the Table of Contents enabled, learners should be restricted to seeing that page until all other chapters/pages have been visited.

Its been a long time since I viewed a Skillsoft course but if memory serves me then its a sequential page turner type of course...

-k