What's the key to ensure "show" displays text box on top with multiple buttons/boxes?

daffodil1
daffodil1 Community Member Posts: 3
I've created a page with 4 buttons. On click each button, a text box displays. The text box is under the buttons, so that no matter which button you click, the associated text for that button displays in the same screen location.

I am having trouble ensuring that the correct text box displays on click. For example, right now when I click button 1, text box 1 displays, but when i click button 2, text box 2 shows underneath text box 1 so users can't see it.

Is it necessary to add an action to hide text boxes 2, 3 and 4 on show text box 1, and so on for each show action? That seems like a lot of work. However, when I select the property "always on top" for the text boxes, i don't get the desired result, and I can't think of a workaround.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,205 ♦ Idol ♦
    The easiest way to do that is to put all text boxes into a group. Each button then needs two actions 1. Hide group 2. Show appropriate textfield.

Tim
  • daffodil1
    daffodil1 Community Member Posts: 3
    Your instructions work perfectly. Thank you!

@timk 60987 wrote:
    The easiest way to do that is to put all text boxes into a group. Each button then needs two actions 1. Hide group 2. Show appropriate textfield.

Tim