Table of Contents

webgirl35
webgirl35 Community Member Posts: 3
I'm quite new to Lectora and I've made a table of contents using hyperlinks (as shown in the let's cook example on Lectora site). Is there a way to update it using variables? It's quite slow to type the names of all the pages in each time and then re-hyperlink them. I know there is a variable for page names but I don't know how to change the contents of the TOC page to each variable.

Thanks

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I don't think there's a variable for each page, only for Current Page. Anyways, why don't you use the standard Lectora TOC, which autogenerates itself?
  • webgirl35
    webgirl35 Community Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for replying! I just wanted to have more control of the format of the TOC. I did eventually work out that you don't have to have the scroll bars but I still would like the items to look more like buttons rather than just a printed list.
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    You can use a Menu to achieve that: Insert -> Add Navigation and Interaction -> Menu

Check "Create menu from table of contents". The menu will be created and updated like the TOC would be and you have a range of options to style the buttons.

Tim