Lectora Recognizing Characters in the Variable "bucket"

jason-e
jason-e Community Member Posts: 8
I am wondering if there is an easier way to tell Lectora to look for specific characters in the variable "bucket" regardless of their order?

A lot of our training requires the user to click all of the items on a page before the next button appears. Previous lessons just use a simple variable that adds 1 to the total each time an item is clicked and the next button appears after the variable is greater than/equal to a certain number. I do not like this option because you can fool Lectora by just clicking one item on the screen over and over until the total number needed is reached. (And many users know this too.)

I set up a variable where Lectora adds a letter to the "bucket" after each item is clicked such as a, b, c, and then the next button appears when the variable contains abc. But is there a simple, easy way to tell Lectora to recognize if the correct letters are in the bucket if they are clicked out-of-order other than setting the condition for all the combinations possible for a, b, c such as: abc, acb, bac, etc. This is a lot of work for all the different combos if there are more than 3 selections on the page.

Is there an easier way? Is there a way I can tell Lectora to recognize these characters even if they are out-of-order easily?

(I know I could make a separate variable for each clickable item on the page as well but I am looking for an easier solution.)

Comments

• benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    Pretty easy. Do it all the time. You use several conditions, each of which checks the same variable for Contains a or b etc. You can check a box at the top of the Conditions window for Any or All so select All.
  • jason-e
    jason-e Community Member Posts: 8
    @benpitman 61411 wrote:
    Pretty easy. Do it all the time. You use several conditions, each of which checks the same variable for Contains a or b etc. You can check a box at the top of the Conditions window for Any or All so select All.

Thanks! I knew there had to be an easier way to do this!

(I know I watched a Webinar where they mentioned using letters instead of the numbers but I just could not find it yesterday. It was driving me nuts.)

Thanks!