Show question answers

switalba
switalba Community Member Posts: 88
Our company likes for the learner to have immediate response to the questions provided. While I have been able to provide feedback to the questions, it would be great to show the learner how they answered a question. For example, on a mutliple choice (single answer) questions, if the answer was A but the learner chose B, I would like to highlight or put an icon by the correct answer while retaining the learner's original choice and putting maybe a red X by that one to indicate it was incorrect.

Is this possible? If so, how? If so, are there any question types in which it does not work?

Thanks

Comments

• benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    Yes that is very possible and very easy. First put a checkmark or whatever you want t0 use to do highlighting on the page and make it initially not visible. Then create a group and put these actions in it. First show your feedback text. Next show the highlight. Now on the question in the feedback section make the action run that group.
  • switalba
    switalba Community Member Posts: 88
    Thank you.

I can see how this will work for the T/F or M/C questions, but how would you do this for matching. I want to show the correct answer, however show where the error occured.

Looking forward to your response.
  • benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    You don't because there are usually too many combinations. But even MORE important is that in most all cases, matching is a VERY POOR choice for a question. The question should reinforce the content. When you use a drag-and-drop question, when the students get a correct the end result is something you want students to remember. When you use a matching question, the end result is a bunch of crisscrossed lines. Is that something you want the student to remember?

Giving feed with the drag-and-drop is no easier. It can be done but it is not trivial. It is too complicated for me to put on the forum. I'd be glad to talk to you next week. Email me your available times.
  • rwalters
    rwalters Community Member Posts: 276
    Ben is right. I was just thinking about this the other day, how the matching question I use looks like a mess when done. I plan on switching that to a drag and drop. As for feedback, in my case I just can place the correct label over each photo and hide them until the question is answered. That works fine for me as we are just dragging labels to a photo. I'm sure you can do something similar.