Weird extra words coming up...

theirishduck
theirishduck Community Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I have a weird question, maybe someone knows the answer to fixing it.

I author the page as typical in Lectora 11.3.2 and when I publish it to HTML format, the text adds extra words in a different font. These are not as seperate elements, any ideas?

Have also tried to upload you all screenshots on here to show you but not having luck with that either.

Please help.

Campbell

Comments

• benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    Not ever heard of words but I certainly have seen extra characters when people copy and paste from MS Word. Try clicking in the text block, Ctrl-A to select all, Cut, Paste Unformatted and the Preview in Browser. If words are now gone, then you have your problem. You should always paste in Unformatted from Word. PowerPoint and Excel are fine but not Word.
  • theirishduck
    theirishduck Community Member Posts: 4
    @benpitman 61298 wrote:
    Not ever heard of words but I certainly have seen extra characters when people copy and paste from MS Word. Try clicking in the text block, Ctrl-A to select all, Cut, Paste Unformatted and the Preview in Browser. If words are now gone, then you have your problem. You should always paste in Unformatted from Word. PowerPoint and Excel are fine but not Word.

Much appreciated, fixed the issue.

Kind regards,

Campbell
  • rwalters
    rwalters Community Member Posts: 276
    Ctrl+Shift+V to easily paste unformatted text.