Popup Window Name issues

monicae
monicae Community Member Posts: 10
I have been having some trouble with the pop-up window options in Lectora online.



When I try to change the window name option on Lectora online (for pop-ups opening in new windows), I find sometimes Lectora online will accept my changes and sometimes it won't - even with simple one word title names without special characters that work at other times.



Am unable to see any pattern to this - does any one have any ideas what might happen? Be very grateful for any comments.



Separately a word of warning in case anyone else isn't aware: pop-up names with apostrophes, although they work fine in Lectora preview, appear to throw errors once published. An example of the problematic code below - looks like some of the apostrophes, but not all, get escaped by default: -



{ trivNewWnd = new jsDlgBox( '5806', 'Sandy's Details', 'clinical_skills_for_support_workers_popups_food_and_drink_scenario_sandy.html?title=Sandy's Details', jsDlgBox.cb, 600, 550, -1, -1, 0, 0 ); trivNewWnd.create(); } }}

];



Thanks for any advice.



Monica

Comments

  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 601 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi, thanks for pointing that out. It is fixed in version 2.0 which will be out soon. One thing you might be able to do is to url encode the apostrophe when you put in the name. This might get you past the issue for now.



    Type in Sandy%27s instead of Sandy's



    [ATTACH=CONFIG]597[/ATTACH]





    If you send a title to support and detail the inconsistencies we will take a look and fix anything that is not working properly. Thank you again for your help.
  • monicae
    monicae Community Member Posts: 10
    Thank you for getting back to me and the offer of help.



    Will try the %27.



    Afraid it's hard to detail the other issues (why on some occasions I am prevented from changing the window name when I can do what looks to me on the surface to be the exact same thing a few hours later) as I can't trace any pattern to the problem but if I do twig what's happening will post again.
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 601 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi again, that was actually bad advice, don't put in the url encoding (%27) it's going to be fixed next week when v2.0 comes out so if you can wait that's best.



    If you absolutely need it before the 19th then email [email protected] and we will get a patch on the server you are working on (reference this post). Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • monicae
    monicae Community Member Posts: 10
    @wheels 61647 wrote:
    Hi again, that was actually bad advice, don't put in the url encoding (%27) it's going to be fixed next week when v2.0 comes out so if you can wait that's best.



    If you absolutely need it before the 19th then email [email protected] and we will get a patch on the server you are working on (reference this post). Sorry for the inconvenience.




    Thanks again. Sorry not to respond sooner - did have to get the package published so got locked away. I just changed the window names to something without apostrophes to get it done.