Option to reverse variable lists

andy0dave
andy0dave Community Member Posts: 15
Hello,

My suggestion if possible would be to add a little button that allows you to reverse the order of the variable lists.

e.g.

If you add an action to modify a variable then click the arrow next to target you are presented with a list of variables in alphabetical order. It would be really nice if we could choose to reverse this list as we build fairly complex interactions that can use lots of variables. I find myself spending lots of time scrolling to the bottom of these lists. I know in reality its not that long but over time all that scrolling adds up!

Regards

Andy

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    ...or make that list keyboard-sensitive so you can use it like pretty much any dropdown on the web - hit the first letter of the variable to jump to it.

...or make the list dropdown-searchable, so you can quickly filter by variable name.

TIP: what I do now, is to name all important variables "_ImportantVar" or "_QuizTotalCustom" so that they get sorted to the top of the list.
  • _
    _ Community Member Posts: 84
    @ssneg 62829 wrote:
    ...or make that list keyboard-sensitive so you can use it like pretty much any dropdown on the web - hit the first letter of the variable to jump to it.

...or make the list dropdown-searchable, so you can quickly filter by variable name.

This would be AMAZING, something I feel is sorely missing from Lectora 11 (not sure if this has been resolved in 12). I've been creating some pretty complex WBTs lately and often have upwards of 500 variables and 50-60 elements on a given slide. Scrolling through a huge list is such a hassle!
  • andy0dave
    andy0dave Community Member Posts: 15
    @ssneg 62829 wrote:

TIP: what I do now, is to name all important variables "_ImportantVar" or "_QuizTotalCustom" so that they get sorted to the top of the list.

Filtering!! An even better idea!!! this would be perfect!

I like the idea of using underscores for the time being but I can still picture me ending up with a variable list looking like the below

___variable5

__variable3

_variable1

_avariable2

_aavariable3

_aaavariable4

obviously with reasonable variable names...