Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.
Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!
In need of help with your eLearning? Feel free to ask a question of the community! You can also visit our Knowledge Base or, if you're in need of immediate assistance, submit a case to our Customer Success team.
Fill-In-The-Blank Type Question Answer Block questions
1) Set a default font. It appears that in the course it is set to Calibri 24 - which isn't really a problem because in most cases you can use the text style command on the Home ribbon. Except -
When you create questions and all the text and answers are also locked in at Calibri 24. To change these you must
1) Create the question
2) Manually edit the question text setting the Text style.
3) Unlock the inheritence for the answer
4) Manuallky edit the answer field text font
That seems like a really long and round about method. Am I missing something? Especially with the answer field inheritence feature. No matter how the question (or parent) text units are set, nothing appears to be inherited.
Next comes a problem of limited field width for the fill in the blank type question. This is repeatable (on my system):
1) Insert a question of type Fill In The Blank
2) Leave all the values set to their default in the question creator
3) Enter any text you want within the Question field.
4) Enter any text you want in the Correct field
The question is dropped to the page with an answer field that is only a couple characters (at Calibri 24) wide. Nothing you can do to resize the field will allow you to display the user input beyond those couple of characters.
For example, if the question were: "Complete the following sentence 'Now is the time for all good men'" and your text limit is set to 50, and your correct answer is "to come to the aid of their country." -
You get an answer box that is only about 8 characters wide. Now, while you can stretch that answer box out to much wider, when the student goes to type in their answer - all they will see on the page is:
to come t
If the developer has not expanded the width of the input field, and the student continues to type, then the input field will desplay a rolling window of what the student types to the next to last character type to the last character typed minus about 9, resulting in a window which displays:
Assuming this is not the intended response of the software - what am I doing wrong?
- 33 ✫ Announcements
- 3 ✪ Contests
- 33.9K eLearning Brothers® Products
- 1 AssetLibrary™
- AssetLibrary Discussions
- 1 AssetLibrary Feature Requests
- 4 CenarioVR®
- 95 CenarioVR Discussions
- 29 CenarioVR Feature Requests
- 100 CourseMill Discussions
- 14 Lectora®
- 1K Lectora Discussions
- 1.9K Lectora Feature Requests
- 51 Lectora User Groups
- 2 Off-the-Shelf Course Library
- 1 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Discussions
- 1 Off-the-Shelf Course Library Feature Requests
- 1 The Training Arcade®
- 1 The Training Arcade Discussions
- The Training Arcade Feature Requests
- 2 Additional Learning Products
- 1 Camtasia®
- 1 iSpring®
- Microsoft® PowerPoint®
- 284 All Things eLearning
- 3 Course Development Showcase
- 1 eLearning Brothers® Downloads
- 1 Compliance Training
- eLearning Development
- eLearning Game Design
- 7 Instructional Design
- 264 Learning Management System (LMS) Integration
- 2 Mobile Learning
- 2 Visual Design
- 317 Web Accessibility
- 579 ♪ The Green Room
- 2 ♡ Community Feedback