Passing variables to a web page

ianmullineaux
ianmullineaux Community Member Posts: 15
Hi

I am having problems with certificate printing - our browsers have background image printing turned off - I have put instructions on the site but many users are struggling and not getting there appropriate certificates on completion.

I have set up a php web page that creates a pdf certificate when it is opened.

I would like my users to click on a button in their lector learning module which will open the page and pass the content of 2 variables across to the page.

If i use an action set to go to a web page, I can't work out how to add on the url parameters using the content of the variables in the module.

If I use the submit variable values, I know that will pass them to the page but it doesn't open the web page and therefor the pdf certificate is not created..

could anyone offer any guidance please -

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Create a custom variable, call it "MyCustomVariable" and use actions to fill it with required URL (you'll basically need a string of Add To Variable actions). Then replace the URL on your GoToWeb action with "VAR(MyCustomVariable)" (no quotes) and Lectora will use the variable value as URL to open the new window.

Let me know if you need a more detailed walkthrough.
  • ianmullineaux
    ianmullineaux Community Member Posts: 15
    Thank you so much - that works perfectly

I had tried similar before but used square brackets for some reason..

It is working perfectly and now produces a pdf certificate which prints without problem

Thanks again

Ian
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Glad I could help.