Internet explorer and HTML5 games in Lectora

jackis
jackis Community Member Posts: 17
Hi everyone

I am inserting some html5 games (created from templates) into my Lectora courses (Lectora V11.3.1). I am using a web window and choosing Local web-based content for the window source.

When published to Moodle, the game works perfectly when viewed in Firefox or Chrome. However, when trying to view it in Internet Explorer (V10), the game hangs on loading and will not load. As it works OK in FF and Chrome, I am assuming it is some sort of setting in IE that is causing the problems (or just IE itself!). Has any anyone else had a similar experience and managed to resolve it?

Thanks for your help.

Jacki

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,456 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Hit F12, open Console, reload your page and see if any JS error pop up. This might help troubleshooting. Or create a sample page and publish it so we can look at it.
  • jackis
    jackis Community Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your advice. I did as you suggested and got the following messages. Not being a programmer, I don't really know what they mean.

Any thoughts on what they might mean or how to resolve it?

SCRIPT5009: 'Audio' is undefined

core.js, line 1894 character 1

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'forEach'

core.js, line 1766 character 13

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'getElementsByClassName'

core.js, line 1756 character 5

Thanks

Jacki
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,456 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I cannot test this now (since you didn't provide any samples) but there are two possibilities:

a) your html5 games do not work in IE10

b) Lectora forces the iframe into IE compatibility mode (essentially, IE8) and your html5 games do not work in IE8.

You should contact the game developer. Or provide a sample so we can dig deeper.