Camtasia 8 --> Lectora Flash Video Player

mike-m
mike-m Community Member Posts: 38
If I knew how to program Flash video then this probably wouldn't be an issue...

I created a video project in Camtasia (for Lectora Inspire) with hotspots which pause the video at various points and require the user to click on the hotspot to move the video forward. With Camtasia 7, it was no problem producing a swf video that was self-contained and played in Lectora course, embedded in the course itself. I could set actions with the swf object to start when it appeared.

The Camtasia that comes in Lectora Inspire 11 only allows publishing in "MP4 - Flash/HTML5", but not a SWF by itself (publishing "For Lectora" does not allow for hot spot functionality). This produces an mp4 video as well as a group of files including HTML document and player, XSD files, a swf controller, and a JScript file. I can insert these files into the title and then open the HTML document, but this just plays the video in a new browser window.

My question is how do I configure this mess of files in Lectora in order to play as a self-contained flash video, that doesn't have to open in a new browser window, and which will enable the "click to continue" hotspots in the video?

Otherwise, I will probably uninstall Camtasia 8 that came with Lectora Inspire and re-install the Version 7.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,456 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Add your video as a Web Window: Insert - Web Window - Local Web-based content - check Include all files and subfolders - navigate to the index.html that Camtasia published.
  • mike-m
    I published the course and put into the LMS, it works great. I just need to re-produce the video to adjust the size to appear correctly in the course player. Otherwise, thanks very much!
  • mike-m
    I published the course and put into the LMS, it works great. I just need to re-produce the video to adjust the size to appear correctly in the course player. Otherwise, thanks very much!
  • gisselle
    gisselle Community Member Posts: 1
    Flash Video is a container file format used to deliver video over the Internet using Adobe Flash Player version 6 and newer.Flash Video content may also be embedded within SWF files.There are two different video file formats known as Flash Video. elearning video
  • blankgm
    blankgm Community Member Posts: 18
    @ssneg 59597 wrote:
    Add your video as a Web Window: Insert - Web Window - Local Web-based content - check Include all files and subfolders - navigate to the index.html that Camtasia published.

So we took this route, the course published fine.

Unfortunately when we attempt to review the material from the course mill server (enterprise, not hosted) this we get a 404 error from within the course itself. The error states that the requested source is not available.

Perhaps a configuration setting we missed on the server?

We have discovered the issue.

When videos are now compiled in Camtasia Studio 8 using presets to file format MP4 - Flash / HTML5 Player in order to include closed captioning - the Production Name must not have any white spaces. If you have white spaces (which by convention ours do) the file is properly saved when uploaded. However when conversion to web url occurs CourseMill is not stripping back out the %20 escape sequence and is looking for files on the drive which have the literal %20 sequence instead of a white space.

Thus:

"File Name.mp4" is on the drive, but CourseMill converts that to "File%20Name.mp4" for URL purposes, then it looks for "File%20Name.mp4" on the hard drive, which, doesn't exist and results in a 404 error.