General instructional design questions forum?

rwalters
rwalters Community Member Posts: 276
Is there a good place to go where discussions take place on general instructional design theory and best practices? I don't mean an educational website or someone's blog, but just somewhere to discuss ideas that come to mind. Basically, I'm looking for a discussion board where I can ask questions on design and see what people think.

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Articulate has a "building better courses" section on their forums, and I think Lectora definitely needs something similar. However, if you want a discussion place that is not related to a specific tool, there are a lot of LinkedIn groups on Instructional Design. Are you on LinkedIn?
  • rwalters
    rwalters Community Member Posts: 276
    @ssneg 60244 wrote:
    Articulate has a "building better courses" section on their forums, and I think Lectora definitely needs something similar. However, if you want a discussion place that is not related to a specific tool, there are a lot of LinkedIn groups on Instructional Design. Are you on LinkedIn?

That sounds more like what I'm looking for. Of course, LinkedIn is blocked at work. It would be a great forum here as well, but I'm not really looking for anything related to a specific tool. I'm more interested in learning theories and mistakes people make in instructional design. Sure, I have books, but would like discussion when I have questions that aren't addressed elsewhere.