Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.

Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!

Apply for exclusive early access to the latest version of Lectora® Desktop v21. Seating is limited so make sure you apply now!

Inserting YouTube

markltmarklt Community Member Posts: 3
We have a lot of video training that exists on YouTube now. Instead of importing the video I’d like to stream it in my courses. Can I do this?

Comments

• traciatracia Community Member Posts: 1
    I would like to see this answer, too, and also learn whether Vimeo embedding is an option.
  • ssnegssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466
    @tracia 56757 wrote:
    I would like to see this answer, too, and also learn whether Vimeo embedding is an option.

Embedding vimeo is really easy. Just add an External HTML object (type Custom DIV) and copy the vimeo embed code inside. The only problem is that vimeo does not stream all that well on older browsers. We had to write a script that would show vimeo OR youtube videos based on user's browser version. Not to mention we had to upload the videos to both sites.
  • jesse6301jesse6301 Community Member Posts: 4
    @joseph.hauser 52503 wrote:
    It is actually pretty easy to achieve this. There's a menu button with the YouTube logo. Just click on it and it walks you right through the process. Takes a couple seconds to do. One thing to keep in mind, your audience has to have access to the internet to see the videos or if companies don't allow access directly to the internet, they will have to host the videos on an internal server. We had to do that because of our firewall.

I have tried this, and the video player just sits there and spins. YouTube is not a blocked Internet site, so...any suggestions?

I am using Lectora Enterprise Ediciton vX.4 (7609).

Thanks!

Stephen Essenburg

Spectrum Health