Button filenames revealed on mouseover in browsers

barryc
barryc Community Member Posts: 2
I am fairly new to Lectora and have just published my first html site which works very well indeed using Lectora Inspire X6. However, the only problem I have is that a mouseover any button displays a small popup box with the button filename showing. It doesn't matter which browser I use, IE, Firefox, Chrome ... they all display the filenames on a mouseover.

Is there a script that cures this? I already have scripts that prevent any right mouse clicks and one that stops the browser back button working. Or is there something I have not done correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi,

You might have better luck in the Lectora Desktop forum:

http://lectora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

FYI .. When you publish if you select "Protect Published Content" it disables right click and keyboard copy.

I don't see the button hover problem in any browser.

If it's a tooltip that's popping up you can add an External HTML object of type Header Scripting with the following custom code to remove it:

onload2 = onload;

onload = function()

{

onload2();

var nl = document.getElementsByTagName('img');

for (var i=0;i
    nl.setAttribute('title',' ');

};

Note: that will change the tooltips on all images, maybe use this to determine more info about the problem. Like I said I don't see the issue so I'm not sure what's causing it.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    You can enable/disable them in Publish options when you publish your project.

Same goes for enabling/disabling right mouse clicks etc. - see Protect title options.
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Can you do a screen recording and post it here of the button image file name showing on hover? What browser are you seeing this on?

There is no publish option for enabling or disabling tooltips. There is an option for ALT tags but that is typically not what is shown in tooltips. The ALT tag should contain the name of the object, not the image file name. The ALT tag provides alternate text for an image, if the image cannot be displayed. IE 9 does display ALT information as tool tips, which is not what the specification says to do. I don't know of any other browsers that do that.

ps. I hat that random question thing!
  • limeandnavy
    limeandnavy Community Member Posts: 21
    I have the same question (I see tooltips when I hover over a rollover button, image, etc in the published lesson, all browsers) but I didn't see a resolution to this thread...

@wheels, did you figure out how to disable the tooltips? I didn't find anything in the Publish options, either.

@ssneg, maybe the option to disable tooltips has moved in v11? Can you point us more specifically to the place where we can turn them off?

Thank you.
  • nidheeshnj
    nidheeshnj Community Member Posts: 10
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]448[/ATTACH]

Hi You are able to get rid of the tool tips just by unchecking the 'create ALT tags for Images and buttons' option. Screen shot is attached.

Thanks and Regards

Nidheesh
  • limeandnavy
    limeandnavy Community Member Posts: 21
    @nidheeshnj, I am not sure what version of Lectora you are using, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction... I found the same option in the Publish window of the latest version (v11) for anyone who's looking for it:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]452[/ATTACH]

And I did test it, at first I didn't think that this setting fixed the tooltips, but after clearing my browser cache and trying again, sure enough all the tooltips seemed to disappear...

Thanks!
  • dhart1
    dhart1 Community Member Posts: 1
    @BarryC 50008 wrote:
    I am fairly new to Lectora and have just published my first html site which works very well indeed using Lectora Inspire X6. However, the only problem I have is that a mouseover any button displays a small popup box with the button filename showing. It doesn't matter which browser I use, IE, Firefox, Chrome ... they all display the filenames on a mouseover.

Is there a script that cures this? I already have scripts that prevent any right mouse clicks and one that stops the browser back button working. Or is there something I have not done correctly?

Thanks

When publishing, you will have the option to remove the alt tags on the HTML Options tab by unchecking the box (see attachment).
  • barryc
    barryc Community Member Posts: 2
    @dhart1 56787 wrote:
    When publishing, you will have the option to remove the alt tags on the HTML Options tab by unchecking the box (see attachment).

Many thanks. You are a Star!!!

Barry