image "shows" when audio plays

justspiffy
justspiffy Community Member Posts: 33
Hi there,

Quick question for anyone that can help.

I have a slide that has audio on it that lasts 17 seconds. Once that audio file is complete, I would like an image to become visible on the page and for another audio clips to play that is 8 seconds.

I am using version 11. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,195 ♦ Idol ♦
    You can add two actions to your audio object:

On: Done playing

Action: Show image

and

Action: Play next audio

Tim
  • justspiffy
    @timk 50855 wrote:
    You can add two actions to your audio object:

Action: Show image

and

Action: Play next audio

Tim

Hey thanks for the tip. It works great until someone hits the "play/pause" button and current track pauses, but the 2nd track starts automatically before it is set to.

The "play/pause" button has an action, when mouse click, toggle play/pause and has a target of the first audio file.

The 2nd audio file is set to be triggered when the first one is complete(as you explained above)

Any idea why this would happen, and how to correct it?
  • altarium
    altarium Community Member Posts: 78
    justspiffy, I tried it myself with the same result you described.

I feel like this an issue with how Lectora detects something is done playing, as it either forces a user to watch/listen to something in it entirety in one sitting, or the developer just has to hope the user doesn't click Pause and break the flow of a course.

Granted, having a user sit through an audio or video file in its entirety may not be a big deal, but allowing a user to effectively pause a course if needed seriously hampers the functionality of the On Done Playing trigger...
  • amwdmw
    amwdmw Community Member Posts: 97
    I messed around with it, and have 3 pieces: Audio 1, Audio 2 and a Shape. All are marked as Initially Hidden.

On the page itself, I put the action: ON page show, play Audio 1.

On Audio 1, I put the action: On Done Playing, show Shape.

On the Shape, I put the action: On Show, play Audio 2.

Worked like a charm, even when Audio 1 was paused.

Good Luck!
  • amwdmw
    Sorry, meant ACTIONS, not VARIABLES. Been a long day. :p
  • altarium
    altarium Community Member Posts: 78
    so if you pause audio 1 after it starts playing, and BEFORE it actually is done playing, the shape doesn't show and audio 2 doesn't start playing?

When I use your formula, and pause the audio after it has started playing, the "done playing" action triggers...
  • amwdmw
    My Done Playing didn't trigger - I paused it, waited a sec or two, then replayed it. Shape didn't show up until Audio 1 finished - I watched the stream on the player.

I only had these 3 things on the page - nothing else.......don't know if that helps or not.
  • justspiffy
    @amwdmw 50886 wrote:
    My Done Playing didn't trigger - I paused it, waited a sec or two, then replayed it. Shape didn't show up until Audio 1 finished - I watched the stream on the player.

I only had these 3 things on the page - nothing else.......don't know if that helps or not.

Mine still cuts in.. What version of Lectora are you using?

Looks like I might have to figure out another way to make this work.