Good ways to check persistent data storage? (or why a variable is dropped)

I saw this post on cmi.suspend_data [ http://lectora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12444&highlight=cmi.suspend_data ] and am wondering if there is a good way to determine how much data is being stored during the cmi.suspend_data action?

What I tried was opening my temp folder (%temp% in DOS command) and watched to see what size the temp files are - some of them were up to 350+ kb. I'd think if there was a problem with the data that I'd get an error in the ADL Test Suite.

The problem I'm having is that I have a Matching assessment question that is part of a remediated test where if - on the first attempt - the learner fails a lesson within the Assessment they retake that section of the test. This test contains lesson section test objects that are skipped if the score is greater than or equal to 80. If less than 80, the question resets. The Matching question contains three pairs. If there is only one question in the lesson this question resets ... if I have 5 questions, only one of them is dropping the variable information (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 changes back to ~null~). The question and test object is set to retain answer between sessions.

Also wondered if it's possible to send the data to the LMS to ensure that it's retained? Saw a post on something similar but not sure if that's the solution (nor how I'd implement that). I appreciate any input anyone has!

Thanks!