clicking 'Reset to Original' closes Lectora 11

scatterjim
scatterjim Community Member Posts: 4
I have an image which I have resized on Photoshop and have gone into a Lectora page, clicked on the Properties tab, clicked on image>browse for file and selected the new image. When I go to the Position & Size tab and click on 'Reset to Original', Lectora closes without any warning message. This also happens when I try to change the width or height of the image manually.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Regards

James

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Yes, Lectora often crashes to desktop, when clicking Reset to Original on images. Very annoying.

Lectora also CTDs when copying an External HTML object with files associated to it. Lectora asks if I want the associated files to be copied, and CTDs on pressing Cancel.
  • lauram
    lauram Community Member Posts: 149
    Hi James - I apologize for the issue you're seeing with "Reset to Original" - we've fixed this crash and you'll see that resolved in the next Lectora update.

ssneg - I can't seem to recreate the External HTML issue you're describing. Where are you copying the object from and to? Same title? Different title? Are the files attached via the File option or via Additional Files? Finally, did you have the opportunity to send in a crash report? I appreciate the help in getting this one figured out.

Thanks,

Laura
  • scatterjim
    Thanks Laura

I look forward to this bug being fixed in the next update.

Kind regards

James
  • rwalters
    rwalters Community Member Posts: 276
    This happens to me too. A workaround that should not break any actions is to save the image with a new name, then import the new image from the properties tab on the current image.
  • lauram
    lauram Community Member Posts: 149
    As another workaround, you should also be able to enter the width and height coordinates directly into the Size values on the Status Bar or Position/Size Ribbon as well.
  • scatterjim
    @lauram 50895 wrote:
    As another workaround, you should also be able to enter the width and height coordinates directly into the Size values on the Status Bar or Position/Size Ribbon as well.

Hi Laura

Although you would think that would work, entering the co-ordinates in this way also automatically shuts down Lectora. The workaround from rwalters is the one I have been using successfully.

James