Inserting existing Flash game into Lectora

justspiffy
justspiffy Community Member Posts: 33
Just wondering if someone can advise me on how to insert an existing Flash game into Lectora. Out client gave up the existing .swf file that pulls from an XML file folder. I tried inserting it into Lectora by inserting it as a flash file but it doesnt seen to work.

Any advise on what I need to do?

Thanks

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Add the flash file as usual, and add the XML file as External file to the title. It will be then published in the root directory (same as index.html). If your SWF want it to be in a certain folder, then put the XML into the folder and add the whole folder to the External files.
  • justspiffy
    @ssneg 50804 wrote:
    Add the flash file as usual, and add the XML file as External file to the title. It will be then published in the root directory (same as index.html). If your SWF want it to be in a certain folder, then put the XML into the folder and add the whole folder to the External files.

how does one add the XML files as an external file to the title? I am using version 11.1.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    You just drag and drop a file into Lectora, if it doesn't recognize it, it'll ask to add it as Attachment, and it'll be published in the root. Alternatively, select your Flash file on the page, go to Properties tab, choose Additional files. Actually, all of this is described in Help section in detail, so I really recommend you start with F1. Much faster than forums.
  • justspiffy
    Thanks, I figured it out.

For anyone who is stuck - insert - attachment and add the file. My swf and xml play locally in the same directory but I had to place the xml file in the root for it to work!