eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Creating pop-ups

dancollado_1
dancollado_1 Community Member Posts: 3
Hi! I'm quite new to Lectora and I need help with some functions I want to do. Can someone help me with the following please:

1. How do I have a window show when I hover the mouse over an item? Basically, I want users to be able to view one of my pages without clicking on it AND without leaving the current page. I figured, a pop-up would be the best solution.

2. Is it possible to have a field in a page that can do automatic calculations? Say I want to have 3 fields wherein if you type a number in field 1 and 2, field 3 automatically adds them up.

Thanks!

Dan

Comments

• altarium
    altarium Community Member Posts: 78
    For the mouse over popup:

You can create an action which triggers on Mouse Over, and displays either a standard popup, or you can specify a page in your title which will display in that popup. In lectora 11, the action is called "Display Page in Popup". In Lectora X versions, it was just a Display Message action in which you would then specify to display a specific page as the popup.

For the auto calculation:

There are probably easier ways to do this, but here's a set of actions that should accomplish what you're looking for:

If textbox A and B are going to have the numbers which produce the solution in textbox C... Under textbox A and B you need these actions which are all triggered on select/change for their respective textbox:

Modify Variable->textbox C->Set Equal To->0

Modify Variable->textbox C->Add to Variable->VAR(textbox A)

Modify Variable->textbox C->Add to Variable->VAR(textbox B)

Change Contents->textbox C->Set Text->VAR(textbox C)

Make sure that whatever you put in the VAR(...) field, it's whatever variable that's associated with the textbox, not just the object name in your title.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!