Need a way to control multiple audios on a screen with a signle play/pause button

bagdenikhil
bagdenikhil Community Member Posts: 2
My course has multiple audios on single screen, other than adding multiple play/pause buttons and then hiding and unhiding them, is there any other solution by which I can control multiple audios on single screen with single audio on/off button?

FYI - My lectora version is 4.1

Comments

• qualidoc
    qualidoc Community Member Posts: 4
    Use the Play button to play the first audio, then add an action to the first audio, to the effect of Ondoneplaying play audio2, then on audio 2 do the same to play audio 3 and so on.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Are these audios playing simultaneously or in sequence?

Also, see if this helps: http://eproficiency.com/webStore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=34
  • bagdenikhil
    bagdenikhil Community Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. I tried this option but it didn't work.
  • ssneg
  • francoisza
    francoisza Community Member Posts: 2
    @ssneg 50127 wrote:

I'm sitting with a similar problem. I've got multiple audio descriptions on one page. When you click on the items there is a audio description that starts playing.

So if you click on one of the other audio actions before all audio stopped. I end up with multiple audios playing simultaneously.

Is there a way of adding a second action or something? Here is a screenshot of the page;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554[/ATTACH]

Hope I make sense, anybody please help
  • ssneg
    On each click, you should do two things:

1) stop all audios that could be playing

2) play the required item-specific audio

The easiest way to do it (assuming you have 10 items):

1) On each item, add 10 actions "On click -> Stop audio1", "On click -> Stop audio2" and so on

2) On each item, add 1 action "On click -> Play audioX" (where X is the required audio)

A bit more efficient way to do it:

1) Put all ten "stop audio" action into an action group

2) On each item, add 1 action "On click -> Run action group" and 1 action "On click -> Play audioX".
  • benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    Use one audio button and one audio object. Then when you need to change the audio that is playing, use Change Contents with the target as the audio object and replace the audio that is playing. If you need more help, contact me directly at the email below.
  • francoisza
    francoisza Community Member Posts: 2
    @ssneg 60352 wrote:
    On each click, you should do two things:

1) stop all audios that could be playing

2) play the required item-specific audio

The easiest way to do it (assuming you have 10 items):

1) On each item, add 10 actions "On click -> Stop audio1", "On click -> Stop audio2" and so on

2) On each item, add 1 action "On click -> Play audioX" (where X is the required audio)

A bit more efficient way to do it:

1) Put all ten "stop audio" action into an action group

2) On each item, add 1 action "On click -> Run action group" and 1 action "On click -> Play audioX".

Thanks, I see this solution and the mechanics behind it!

@benpitman 60356 wrote:
    Use one audio button and one audio object. Then when you need to change the audio that is playing, use Change Contents with the target as the audio object and replace the audio that is playing. If you need more help, contact me directly at the email below.

Thanks for the advise and offer!! Awesome forum!!
  • alamkins6121
    alamkins6121 Community Member Posts: 3
    This works fine if you are viewing the module on a computer, but what about mobile devices?  We have found the variable trigger on audio doesn't appear to work.  Any insight?
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    Have you tried the 'Change content' solution Ben suggests on mobile ? That should work.
    If all other options fail on your mobile devices, you could script/code your audioplayer yourself.

This sample i added quite a while ago uses Buzz as an external audioLibrary. You can do quite a lot with it and its for sure completely compatible with mobile devices.

http://community.trivantis.com/shared-content/fade-audio-in-lectora/

Regards,

Math