How to create this type of test question?

chad_oglesbay
chad_oglesbay Community Member Posts: 21
So I've been asked to put a test into Lectora and one of the questions is: "Name five cardiac rhythms that can be lethal to a patient?" They want the users to write out the questions so they actually have to think them out, not just randomly pick from a list, and there will be more than five (not sure how many are possible yet. So what would be the best way to go about this question in Lectora? I'll guess I'll have to account for some spelling mistakes as well? Any ideas?

Comments

• andyking
    andyking Community Member Posts: 38
    you could try an essay question. Use an action on a button to check for right or wrong and use "contains" to check for your responses.

Action - show - correct feedback objects/group

only perform if:

question_variable_1 contains "condition 1" AND

question_variable_1 contains "condition 2" AND

question_variable_1 contains "condition 3" AND

question_variable_1 contains "condition 4" AND

question_variable_1 contains "condition 5" AND

else

show incorrect feedback objects/group
  • thombeales
    thombeales Community Member Posts: 41
    @Chad_Oglesbay 49014 wrote:
    So I've been asked to put a test into Lectora and one of the questions is: "Name five cardiac rhythms that can be lethal to a patient?" They want the users to write out the questions so they actually have to think them out, not just randomly pick from a list, and there will be more than five (not sure how many are possible yet. So what would be the best way to go about this question in Lectora? I'll guess I'll have to account for some spelling mistakes as well? Any ideas?

You are right about the spelling part. Lectora does not have a wildcard option such as vent* so ventriculer as opposed to ventricular would not fly.
  • benpitman
    benpitman Community Member Posts: 763
    That is going to be VERY difficult in almost any tool. What if they add extra spaces? What if they capitalize? You will have to go to JavaScript and process the variable removing extra spaces, making it all lower case, and then you have to have to be able to acct. for different phrasings. Not sure we have the technology yet.