Initially hidden doesn't work correctly in V11

arjac
arjac Community Member Posts: 10
We have made some questions and added initially hidden option to them. Then we changed retain value in those questions and removed Initially hidden option. If we close the title and open it again the questions are again initially hidden. We don't know how to get rid of that problem. Have any other had similar problems?

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Hei Arja,

it seems that Lectora 11 is sometimes reluctant to save certain changes. I suggest you open the .awt file in a text editor (Notepad++ is my favourite) and change the 'initially visible' statuses directly in there. If it seems too complicated, I'll be happy to take a look.
  • arjac
    Thank you for an excellent tip. I didn't know that it's possible to open awt in Notepad++.

I already exported title to xml and corrected the code in Notepad++. But when I imported the xml back in to the title something really odd happened. That problem got fixed but I got a lot of images back in to title. Those images I already had removed long time ago. I had also removed them from Resource Manager. Somehow it changed also my mp4 videos so that they ask for QuickTime Player and the quality became worse. Weird...What is the difference between to make changes in xml and open awt in Notepad++ and make changes there?

I'm going mad with this new version.....
  • ssneg
    When you export a title to xml, Lectora also exports all images, media etc, basically creating a copy of your title without an .awt but with an .xml. When you import it back, it overwrites all files again and recreates .awt from .xml. If you're using Dropbox, the whole operation might make it go nuts and restore some old stuff. Or the whole procedure just might be bugged in Lectora 11, who knows.

Anyway, exporting and reimporting is unnecessary in your case. What you need to do is to navigate to your original, good title that only has one problem - a few questions are set to be initially hidden. Open the .awt file (it is basically the same xml, only named differently) and edit it. Open in Lectora and see if it helped. Again, no exporting or importing required.
  • arjac
    Thank you again. :o

It worked. Yes, I'm working in Dropbox.
  • ssneg
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Good start of the week :)
  • ummakumma
    ummakumma Community Member Posts: 97
    I wonder...

I use dropbox. And I changed the name of the .awt file manually. The V11 didn´t like it at all. It got confused and didn´t make proper Scorm packages anymore. Is this just V11 and dropbox? Should I stop using dropbox or V11??!!
  • ssneg
    @ummakumma 49572 wrote:
    I wonder...

I use dropbox. And I changed the name of the .awt file manually. The V11 didn´t like it at all. It got confused and didn´t make proper Scorm packages anymore. Is this just V11 and dropbox? Should I stop using dropbox or V11??!!

We use Dropbox and Lectora X and 11 lot, and the only problem we had is when publishing a title into an already existing folder. Overwriting a 100-150 files might make Dropbox glitch, some files get reverted or not overwritten etc. So we always publish into a brand new folder (using current date and time to name it).

However, we never had any problem when changing .awt filenames. In fact, we rename the projects each time we make a round of changes, for versioning purposes. Just be sure to rename the .ini and .bmp files as well. The .ini stores your user settings (not publish settings afaik), and the .bmp is required for preview (Lectora X could do without it, but Lectora 11 seems to require it).
  • limeandnavy
    limeandnavy Community Member Posts: 21
    @ArjaC 49549 wrote:
    We have made some questions and added initially hidden option to them. Then we changed retain value in those questions and removed Initially hidden option. If we close the title and open it again the questions are again initially hidden. We don't know how to get rid of that problem. Have any other had similar problems?

Yes, it seems that many people are reporting trouble where settings in a Question or Feedback don't stick, and seem to revert back to their original state. Keep reporting the issues, hopefully their technical support team will take a closer look.
  • lauram
    lauram Community Member Posts: 149
    The issue with "Initially Hidden" not saving properly for Questions was fixed in the 11.1 update. You can read the release notes here: http://lectora.com/lectora-inspire-11-1-release-notes