Posting completion to LMS?

dquattrin
dquattrin Community Member Posts: 15
Hello all,

(I have this posted in the LMS board too, but this board seems to get more traffic so I am posting here too.) I have been using Lectora for years, developing lessons for a standalone presentation platform. We are now moving to an LMS and I am lost. For the short term, we are simply taking those standalone lessons, republishing them to be SCORM compliant (I added the variable in the certificate for the student name), and will post them to run on the LMS. For the lessons we need to post right away, it is only a matter of completion, not passing or failing a test (but we do have those types of lessons I will have to deal with in the future). I have a certificate set in my Lectora file to print on completion (again, that pulls the student name from the LMS), but how do I report back to the LMS that the lesson was completed? And if I just provide an exit button at the end of the Lectora lesson, will that take the student back to the LMS site or shut the browser window completely? If the latter, how do I get them back to the LMS?

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

Comments

• wee
    wee Community Member Posts: 71
    What action do you have to send the completion status to your LMS? I simply have On Show: Show, Target: AICC_Lesson_Status, Type: Set Equal To, Value: completed. This works for Saba LMS. Note, I usually have a 0.2 second delay on it.
  • amwdmw
    amwdmw Community Member Posts: 97
    @Wee 49396 wrote:
    What action do you have to send the completion status to your LMS? I simply have On Show: Show, Target: AICC_Lesson_Status, Type: Set Equal To, Value: completed. This works for Saba LMS. Note, I usually have a 0.2 second delay on it.

Check out the LMS rules - sometimes the value is Completed or it's completed....I think ours might even be p. Case sensitivity generally applies - that has tricked me in the past. So make sure you ask your LMS provider!

Usually, the LMS will open the course in a new window - so if they exit the course, they return to the LMS screen, where they can see the visual green dot/checkmark/whatever your lms shows when you are done in the user interface.
  • dquattrin
    dquattrin Community Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your replies. I got it all figured out. I don't know if my LMS is case sensitive of not, but "completed" worked.

Thank you!