Custom Result page - Show on a button click

sjones
sjones Community Member Posts: 39
Is it possible to show the custom feedback on the pass/fail page using a button???? If not, how can one create a custom result for a randomized test. I know that each question has it's own variable, but what are the other variables that one would need for this???

Thanks,

sjones

Comments

• andyking
    andyking Community Member Posts: 38
    I've done that, but not with random questions.

Two ways I'd go about it: have one page for the 'right feedback' and one for the 'wrong feedback.' The button would have an action with the if condition, if question is correct, go to 'right feedback' page; else, go to 'wrong feedback' page.

the other way is to have one page with the right and wrong elements, put them in groups, hide both groups. Then when you show the page, do a similar action as above. 'if question is correct, show 'right feedback' group, else show 'wrong feedback' group.

hope that helps.
  • sjones
    @AndyKing 49186 wrote:
    I've done that, but not with random questions.

Two ways I'd go about it: have one page for the 'right feedback' and one for the 'wrong feedback.' The button would have an action with the if condition, if question is correct, go to 'right feedback' page; else, go to 'wrong feedback' page.

the other way is to have one page with the right and wrong elements, put them in groups, hide both groups. Then when you show the page, do a similar action as above. 'if question is correct, show 'right feedback' group, else show 'wrong feedback' group.

hope that helps.

Thanks AndyKing for the reply, but what I'm looking is to change the popup window at the end of a test;that is not to popup when the student answers the last question, but to be able to place a button on a pass or fail page which when click the popup window with the question stem, the students answer and/or the correct answer.

sjones
  • canadian
    canadian Community Member Posts: 12
    @sjones 49210 wrote:
    Thanks AndyKing for the reply, but what I'm looking is to change the popup window at the end of a test;that is not to popup when the student answers the last question, but to be able to place a button on a pass or fail page which when click the popup window with the question stem, the students answer and/or the correct answer.

sjones

are you checking the use Customized Test Results option from the Results Tab in your test?

This will generate a new section after all your questions called Test Results. From there you can style the text and change the OK and Print buttons.

While I'm glad this interface/option exists for test results, it's horrible to work with. I find when adding Rationale text there it will cause overlapping text when viewing the test results in the browser. I have to add text below where i think the longest "Your Answer" text will be, then go outside the test results and back in to cause it to re-generate the spacing.
  • sjones
    @canadian 49264 wrote:
    are you checking the use Customized Test Results option from the Results Tab in your test?

This will generate a new section after all your questions called Test Results. From there you can style the text and change the OK and Print buttons.

While I'm glad this interface/option exists for test results, it's horrible to work with. I find when adding Rationale text there it will cause overlapping text when viewing the test results in the browser. I have to add text below where i think the longest "Your Answer" text will be, then go outside the test results and back in to cause it to re-generate the spacing.

canadian,

Due to a short deadline, I was unable to respond until now. Yes, I have checked the Customized Test Results option and the Test Results page is generated. However, we found that:

1. You can not "go to" or show the page as a popup using a link on another page, because this page is not listed

2. Even though we changed the background of the page, the text font, size and color for the textboxes, however, when published, some of the textboxes do not retain all of the formatting, mainly the font color. This happens with the Question number textbox and the Correct Answer textbox. Finally, we decided to use the default setup of white background with black text. Do you have any suggestion(s) for keeping the font color the same?????

As far as adding other text, such as, "You have answered all of the questions correctly.", we add the text to the Pass Status text box, the Fail Status textbox and the Not Graded textbox, adding action to show each textbox based on the score.

I know that this is not part of your response, but maybe you have the answer or someone reading this will: In reading over the questions and responses to showing test results for a randomized test (not using the native Test Results function), it's still not clear on how to do this, what variables are needed for the question text, the distractors, the correct answer, the user's answer, the question number, etc.

Thanks,

sjones
  • canadian
    canadian Community Member Posts: 12
    You can make a custom page after your test to display all the questions and results manually with actions acting on empty text boxes or graphics for correct and incorrect, it's up to you.

Every test question has a variable which is available after a test question is submitted. i can't find if the learner's answer is available by variable, but since you know all the test question choices you can do this manually.

You can create new text boxes with the possible answers to the questions you have and set them as not initially visible. Create actions to show each response. It's a lot of work.

Rather than explain here it's easier to show inside Lectora. I created a small test file for you to see what I mean with a simple true and false example. I hope the attachment works:

[ATTACH]390[/ATTACH]
  • sjones
    @canadian 49472 wrote:
    You can make a custom page after your test to display all the questions and results manually with actions acting on empty text boxes or graphics for correct and incorrect, it's up to you.

Every test question has a variable which is available after a test question is submitted. i can't find if the learner's answer is available by variable, but since you know all the test question choices you can do this manually.

You can create new text boxes with the possible answers to the questions you have and set them as not initially visible. Create actions to show each response. It's a lot of work.

Rather than explain here it's easier to show inside Lectora. I created a small test file for you to see what I mean with a simple true and false example. I hope the attachment works:

[ATTACH]390[/ATTACH]

canadian,

Thanks for the response and the file. Now the question is how does one display the question text and the correct answer.