Go To action from inside a question

janssonmikael
janssonmikael Community Member Posts: 9
We are having a problem with the publishing function in Lectora. Specifically when publishing to either a single executable file, or to CD-rom.

The problem is with Go To actions from within a question in a test. We have a button which is shown when users incorrectly answer a question. This button has a Go To action, pointing to the previous chapter. However, for some reason when publishing to exe or CD-rom instead of HTML, this action does not work. It works fine when publishing to HTML, but in the exe and CD-rom versions the user always gets sent to the first page.

Is this a bug in Lectora?

Thankful for any help you'all have got!

BR,

Mikael

Comments

• lauram
    lauram Community Member Posts: 149
    Hi Mikael,

What is the action exactly programmed to do? Are there any conditions on the action?

Also, do you have any other actions attached to that button, especially on the On Click tab?

Thanks,

Laura
  • janssonmikael
    The action is programmed to go to a specific page (or rather a specific chapter). There are no conditions on the button, and it has nothing on the "on click" tab. The chapter it is trying to goto is the chapter right before the question. There are a few other actions on the button, but all they do is reset the question, reset the test, and set a variable to true.

I have tried removing the actions that reset the question and the test, but that changed nothing.

I'm thinking this may be a bug in Lectora...
  • lauram
    I'm not having any luck recreating this, but I'd like to research this further. Would you be able to zip the folder with your title (File > Export > Zip) and email it to [email protected]? Please place "Attn: Laura" in the subject line. Also, please include the version number of Lectora.

Thanks for your help.

- Laura
  • janssonmikael
    I've actually already uploaded the course to the Trivantis support site, and sent an e-mail to support. It's under the name "Mikael Jansson, Video West Production". It's quite a large file (about 192MB). The files name is "Skyddsutbildning130228.zip". The Lectora version is vX.5 (8458).

The navigation buttons are on all questions, for example under test "T02020000_QuestionSection1" in question "02020107" on button "repeat_button". This button is only shown when the user answers, and answers incorrectly.

I should also add that sometimes when clicking that button, the user is sent forwards one step instead of back to the very first page. In any event, both of these events should not occur.

Br,

Mikael
  • lauram
    Thanks Mikael,

I'll talk to support and go from there.

- Laura