mute sound in Captivate 6 from Lectora

matt_
matt_ Community Member Posts: 3
Im creating a course with multiple Captivate SWFs (Captivate version 6, AS3). The problem is that the sound button in Lectora (and sound variable) is not connected to the sound in the Captivate SWFs and I would like to somehow mute the Captivate SWFs if the sound button in Lectora is set to off. I have tried using different methods such as flash command but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a solution to this?

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    1. Read about setting Captivate variables from JavaScript: http://captivatedev.com/2011/04/06/captivate-javascript-series-part-4-setting-captivate-variables/

2. The variable you need is cpCmdMute. Setting it to 1 mutes sound. Setting it to 0 unmutes sound.
  • matt_
    @ssneg 49140 wrote:
    1. Read about setting Captivate variables from JavaScript: http://captivatedev.com/2011/04/06/captivate-javascript-series-part-4-setting-captivate-variables/

2. The variable you need is cpCmdMute. Setting it to 1 mutes sound. Setting it to 0 unmutes sound.

Ok but where in Lectora do I put the Javascript?
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Lectora 11: Action - Run JavaScript

Lectora 10: Action - Goto URL = "javascript:yourcodehere"
  • matt_
    @ssneg 49145 wrote:
    Lectora 11: Action - Run JavaScript

Lectora 10: Action - Goto URL = "javascript:yourcodehere"

I now have a working javascript call using action - goto URL (I tried it with alert('works!')). However, I am not sure how to reference the captivate SWF. I tried: javascript:document.Captivate.cpEISetValue('cpCmdMute', '1') but nothing happend.

BTW The Captivate SWFs are originally exported with an HTML file that uses SWFObject and a standard.js file but since the SWFs are inserted as animations in Lectora I guess these files will not be included in the course. Won't that affect the ability to reference the SWFs inside Lectora?