VR Course Contest

Show us your best virtual reality course and win $50 gift card and a winner badge!
CHECK IT OUT

Help to execute idea!

jawad
jawad Community Member Posts: 73
I’ll try to explain this as clear as possible – I’ve attached a jpeg image as a reference/diagram too, and will assume you have viewed this first.

Text box “0” will be on the page initially visible, the two green “UP/DOWN” arrows also initially visible. By clicking the “DOWN” arrow I would want new text boxes to appear in a descending order, and by clicking the “UP” arrow to hide those ‘new’ text boxes in an ascending sequence.

Whether or not this can be done in Lectora is beyond me.

Comments

• jawad
    @AndyKing 47914 wrote:
    When you say 'ascending' and 'descending' order, do you want box 1 then box 2 to appear? Then when rolling up, have box 2 disappear then box 1?

If so, the easiest way would be to add 2 actions to the graphic: 'on click > show > text box 1' and 'on click > show > text box 2' Add a small delay for text box 2.

Then you'd reverse it for the other button. 'on click > hide > text box 2' and 'on click > hide > text box 1' with a small delay on box 2.

If you wanted them to slide out, you could try using the 'on click > move to' option, Position the text boxes 1 and 2 under text box 0, then use the move to command to specify their X/Y position below. And again, the opposite for rolling them up.

hope that helps.

That's correct when you say 'ascending' and 'descending' order. However I perhaps should have mentioned, I don't want all boxes to appear one-by-one from a single click of the 'down' arrow. I want each individual box to appear after a 'click' of the down arrow.

Example: one click to show box '1', a second click to show box '2' etc. And in reverse for the 'up' arrow.
  • andyking
    andyking Community Member Posts: 38
    After I tested and typed this out, I realized you might have more than 3 text boxes, but hopefully this will get you started. You might just have to replace the condition/else actions with multiple actions. I don't have time today to test that out, but it should just be a matter of incrementing the variable, checking for what that variable is, and showing (or hiding) the appropriate text box.

oh ok.

still do-able.

So I tested it out and here's what I came up with, there may be another way to do this. I'm going to go with the boxes just appearing.

Create a variable called var_textboxes and set the default value to 1.

Set text box 1 and 2 to not be visible

On the "down" arrow, add two actions (in this order):

First action:

On: Mouse Click

Action: Show

Target: TextBox 1

Condition:

var_textboxes equal to 1

Else:

Show

TextBox 2

Second action:

Action: Modify Variable

Target:var_textboxes

Value: 2

Modification type: Set Variable Contents

Condition:

var_textboxes equal to 1

Else:

Target: var_textboxes

Value: 3

Modification type: Set Variable contents

On the 'up' arrow (you're basically doing the reverse)

First action:

Action: Hide

Target: Textbox 2

Condition:

var_textboxes equal to 3

Else:

Hide

TextBox 1

Second action:

Target:var_textboxes

Value: 2

Modification type: Set Variable Contents

Condition:

var_textboxes equal to 3

Else:

Target: var_textboxes

Value: 1

Modification type: Set Variable contents

Hope that helps.
  • jawad
    Cheers Andy!

That's exactly what I wanted, if it's not to much trouble could you give me an example - if I were to add a third text box. I'm still trying to get my head around the process of what you did and how it worked.

Regards

Jawad