VR Course Contest

Show us your best virtual reality course and win $50 gift card and a winner badge!
CHECK IT OUT

Scorm 2004 Edition?

hem99004
hem99004 Community Member Posts: 73
Anyone know if there is a way to publish to a different edition of SCORM 2004? Im trying to get a course to run on Success Factors LMS (formerly Plateau) and they are saying my course won't run properly because they only support the 2nd and 4th editions (and Lectora publishes to the 3rd edition). Is there any way to target a different edition of SCORM 2004 - or a publishing pack available for it? If anyone has any ideas it would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• joejubee
    joejubee Community Member Posts: 319 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I'm messing around with uploading a SCORM 1.2 course to a SucessFactor LMS, and getting all sort of errors- any hints/tips for me?

thanks,

joe
  • martiansam
    martiansam Community Member Posts: 21
    I am struggling with the same issues. Has anybody found a solution to this yet? It seems courses published in Lectora don't work on successfactor LMS, neither published as SCORM 2004 nor published as SCORM 1.2.

So what is the solution to this? Any suggestions?
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466
    Looks like either Lectora is not compliant, or SF LMS isn't. I'd contact the LMS vendor, sent them the course and asked them why it wouldn't work on their LMS if it works on every other LMS.
  • vink
    vink Community Member Posts: 1
    @martiansam 60650 wrote:
    I am struggling with the same issues. Has anybody found a solution to this yet? It seems courses published in Lectora don't work on successfactor LMS, neither published as SCORM 2004 nor published as SCORM 1.2.

So what is the solution to this? Any suggestions?

SCORM 1.2 works with SuccessFactors LMS. You may have the wrong completion status or perhaps you are not sending a mastery score. Let me know how your course is set up and perhaps I can help.
  • prabha10
    prabha10 Community Member Posts: 26
    I figured out how to get SCORM 2004 course to work by doing a stare and compare with the Presenter SCORM 2004 template we have that works and Lectora. I realized that Lectora didn't have the "success" variable that Presenter does. This which helped me find the rest of the info via the trusty Internet.

For me - our LMS played nice with SCORM 2004 when we used these rules:

SCORM 2004 cmi.success_status - in Lectora, equivalent is AICC_Lesson_Status - must be "passed / failed" - this was the missing link for us!

Course completion CMI_Completion_Status - "completed / incomplete"

Hope this helps! I just discovered there's this SCORM 1.3 thing... digging around for information about that :)

Resources:

http://lectora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12739 -

http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/run-time/run-time-reference/