Does anyone know how to rewind captivate videos after completion (using Javascript)?

parnassia-academie
parnassia-academie Community Member Posts: 1
Hello all,

In the module I'm building I want an image to appear and the flash file to rewind after the video has completed playing. The flash file is a video made in Captivate 6, and has a control bar that includes a rewind button; however, I want it to do this automatically after completion.

I've achieved the first by inputting the javascript "imagename*.actionShow()" as the end action in captivate, but as a result the video doesn't rewind when it's done. Instead, it stops on the last frame and shows a white screen.

I've found the command/captivate variable "rdcmndRewindAndPlay" (and variations thereof), but I can't get it to work. My knowledge of javascript is very limited.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how?

Any help would be much appreciated.

(* imagename replaced with the HTML name of the object in Lectora)

Comments

• davidswaddle
    davidswaddle Community Member Posts: 29
    I can suggest a workaround that requires less JavaScript. It's all done in Captivate.

Add a blank slide at the end of your project and, in the slide properties, set the display time to 0.1s. Change the On Slide Enter behaviour to Execute JavaScript and change the On Slide Exit behaviour to Jump To A Slide and select your rewind point as the slide, probably the first slide in your Captivate file.

You could achieve the same by using the Multiple Actions option on your existing last slide, and not adding a blank slide, but it's easier for other people to see what you've done if you do it this way.