Posting Captivate 6 Variable into Lectora x.6 Variable

nick-leffler
nick-leffler Community Member Posts: 4
Hello,

Here's the scenario I'm using:

I have a two page Lectora title, the first page has a Captivate project in it (published as Flash 9). During one of the first slides of the project I have a box that asks for an email address from the user (so an email can be sent to a pre-determined box that they have completed the course). This box sets a variable inside Captivate (Email) to their email address. A few slides later I have the following JavaScript run that I found somewhere on the Internet which is supposed to set the Lectora variable CPT_Email to the variable from within Captivate:

var tp = document.Captivate.cpGetValue("Email");
VarCPT_Email.set(tp);[/CODE]

At the end of the Captivate project I have JavaScript run that moves the project to the second page of the Lectora project where there is code to email a form to the necessary email address with all variables included. As a test I also put an action that sets a text box on that page to the text of the variable CPT_Email.

On this page I get an email error and a text box that has the CPT_Email variable initial value of 0 in it.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks.[CODE]var tp = document.Captivate.cpGetValue("Email");

VarCPT_Email.set(tp);[/CODE]

At the end of the Captivate project I have JavaScript run that moves the project to the second page of the Lectora project where there is code to email a form to the necessary email address with all variables included. As a test I also put an action that sets a text box on that page to the text of the variable CPT_Email.

On this page I get an email error and a text box that has the CPT_Email variable initial value of 0 in it.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks.