Audio events do not work in Lectora 11

ssneg
ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi,

I have created a very simple slideshow based on events added to an mp3 audio file. Event 1 - show Pic1, Event 2 - show Pic2, Event 3 - show Pic3. It works in Preview, but doesn't work when I upload it online, in any browser.

Any ideas are welcome!

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Okay, so I took my time and traced this thing. It turns out that in order to determine whether it's time to launch an event, Lectora compares the playhead time returned by jwplayer with event time stored by Lectora. The former is a number (12.2, 55.7) and the latter is a comma string ("15,77", "6,83"). Obviously, any comparison of a number and a string always returns false, so no events are ever, ever fired.

So I simply replaced the comma with a dot and parsed the string as a float number: parseFloat(trivEvent.time.replace(",", ".")). It works as intended now, but I either need to do this every time after I publish anything, on every page with mp3 events, or use a small JS snippet to mass-edit the events array during runtime.
  • wee
    wee Community Member Posts: 71
    Ed (great guy) from trivantis sent me a patch, an exe patch. It's about 20 MB. I can send it to you if you'd like. Email me at wthansom at caci dot com

EDIT: Sorry, it's only 6MB. Email me.

Ed - If I'm stepping on your toes or doing something I'm not supposed to, please let me know. Want to make sure I was doing the right thing.
  • plc
    plc Community Member Posts: 18 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Hello,

Can someone from Trivantis let us know if this patch is now included in the latest downloadable build of the program. If not, when will it be?

Thank you,

Peter
  • lauram
    lauram Community Member Posts: 149
    As ssneg described, the events problem has to do with issues comparing the player time to the events timing and, as it turns out, is isolated to users based in the EU. The patch that Ed provided unfortunately doesn't address this specific issue.

Please know that we're actively investigating and fixing reported issues so that we can provide an update that includes that patch, in addition to other fixes.
  • kawittrock
    kawittrock Community Member Posts: 1
    I can't get an action to attach to an event. I select Show from the action drop-down menu at the bottom left of the screen but it doesn't save it and therefore I can't add a trigger either. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Here is an attachment. There is a green circle in the bottom left of my screen. When I click on it the Action pane appears. I select Show and then it reverts back to this screen which states no action. [ATTACH=CONFIG]383[/ATTACH]
  • bap
    bap Community Member Posts: 15
    @kawittrock 49305 wrote:
    I can't get an action to attach to an event. I select Show from the action drop-down menu at the bottom left of the screen but it doesn't save it and therefore I can't add a trigger either. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Here is an attachment. There is a green circle in the bottom left of my screen. When I click on it the Action pane appears. I select Show and then it reverts back to this screen which states no action. [ATTACH=CONFIG]383[/ATTACH]

Would you be willing to send us your title so that we can take a closer look? Our Test department has not been successful in recreating this issue, so this would be helpful in getting to the root of the problem. You can zip your title and send it as an attachment to [email protected] (place Attn: Bruce Parker in the subject line).
  • nixthenext
    nixthenext Community Member Posts: 75
    I'm also having difficulty getting audio events to work, but I'm not sure if it's the same problem...

I've set up audio events in Inspire, and it works wonderfully in preview/exe... but doesn't work at all in IE 8. I could use any assistance available (i'm under deadline <:o)
  • wee
    wee Community Member Posts: 71
    Do you have new v11? And are you doing mp3 for flv? If you have v11 and doing mp3, you may need a patch executable file that Ed emailed me. If you want that, email me at wthansom at caci dot com and I'll send it to you the zip.
  • nixthenext
    I'm still in Inspire (getting 11 soon), and I'm using a .wav converted to .flv in Lectora.
  • nixthenext
    @NixTheNext 49507 wrote:
    I'm still in Inspire (getting 11 soon), and I'm using a .wav converted to .flv in Lectora.

Actually, I could have started with an mp3... I don't remember! Is that the source of the issue, though? Will having started with a .wav -> .flv versus .mp3 -> .flv matter?
  • jennifer-diaz
    jennifer-diaz Community Member Posts: 1
    @Wee 49506 wrote:
    Do you have new v11? And are you doing mp3 for flv? If you have v11 and doing mp3, you may need a patch executable file that Ed emailed me. If you want that, email me at wthansom at caci dot com and I'll send it to you the zip.

I am trying to publish a title with MP4 Videos, the videos and sound work on the iPad, however the sound will not play on a PC. Will this patch help me?

Please help!