Custom playback skins

chicagoman2008
chicagoman2008 Community Member Posts: 1
Hi All,

There maybe something out here on this topic but I didn't find it with "custom skin" search.

In Captivate 3&4, I've created customised playback skins for my content. I'm not seeing that as option with Lectora...has anyone done this and if so, how?

I used Flash to create mine by editing the .fla that came with Captivate. I changed the colours and added the company logotype.

Thanks, in advance, for any help!

Michael

Comments

• rakeshkathuria
    rakeshkathuria Community Member Posts: 2
    Kindly assist in a similar query of mine:

I am using Lectora Inspire, which gives multiple options of skins for playback controllers; however, the Custom playback skins option opens the window to browse and select for a skin in zip file format.

I am not sure what kind of zip file will work to load new skin. Kindly elaborate on this part.

Thanks!

Rakesh
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,197 ♦ Idol ♦
    The skins for the player can be found:

path to lectora /Trivantis/Lectora Inspire/Support Files/PlayerSkins

You'll find a ZIP for each skin that is available in Lectora. You can copy one of them, unzip, change to your needs, zip, import into Lectora via the manage custom skins dialogue.

Tim
  • dampio
    dampio Community Member Posts: 7
    Some month ago, I found a guidance or better a howto, to create your own skin.

Just to kill some time, I gave it a try but did fail a lot! ;-) I was not able to create a skin, that looked the way it should or that filled all the "spaces" on the audio bar. I did not spend too much effort... maybe that's why...

Unfortunately I didn't bookmark this howto. But maybe it was not the best to use. So just use Google, and I am sure, you will find one.
  • clavoro
    clavoro Community Member Posts: 23
    I would like to customize the Mare video skin in the C:Program FilesTrivantisLectora InspireSupport FilesPlayerSkins directory. My course is designed to give credit to the user at the end of each video using event triggers. I would simply like to remove the scrubber from the skin so the user cannot fast forward to the end and receive credit right away. I want to keep all the other controls like Full Screen and Volume.

When I unzip the Mare.zip file, I can see there is a mare.xml file that will allow you to customize the skin design. What tags would I need to modify in order to remove the scrubber?

Thank you.
  • clavoro
    I got it. Within the component name "controlbar" of the mare.xml file, I commented out the previous and next buttons, as well as the slider and it worked...

• clavoro
    I also had to modify the pauseButton.png, pauseButtonOver.png, playButton.png, and playButtonOver.png images in the controlbar directory of the Mare skin since they had residual semi-transparent pixels on the right side of each that needed to be deleted (that were probably intended to be connected to the scrubber).