eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Scan for Special Characters During Publish

Using Lectora 9.3, so please excuse if this taken care of in more recent versions.

I just spent a couple of hours trouble shooting a randomly occuring issue where my LMS would randomly return 404 missing page errors on a published course. What it came down to was that -- DESPITE KNOWING BETTER -- I used special characters in the page names, specifically a colon ":". Removing the colon from all page names fixed the error.

Would love to see a feature added to the pre-publish check that would check for special characters in page names (i.e. ";" ":" "'" "," and so on) and put up a warning if a special character is found. I know there is the option that convert accented and special characters to ASCII, but it would be nice to have a warning that this option should be turned on.