Sending Test Results through Email

bruman
bruman Community Member Posts: 54
This is a solution I offer to the community where you can have test results from your Lectora elearning project being sent via email without requiring the Email client on the users desktop be used. This will help in the circumstances where the user's computer is not configured for the email client. The email is sent with the answers chosen by the user, the users name, and the score. You can add multitple email to have the test results sent.

I am providing a zipped file with a awt created using Lectora 9 with a dummy test of 10 questions. There is an emailresults.asp file that has the code that will send the test results. Within this file is where you will add the email addresses (See bottom of this file).

This .asp file is added within the Title properties under the "Additional files" tab.

Within the "Final Assessment" test properties, under results, you will also check "Submit test to CGI program", with the method "POST" and submit results to: emailresults.asp. Take a look at the other options checked.

The zipped file has everything needed and is a working example. You will have to open the awt file, publish it, and then test on your server. (Do not test from your desktop. It will not work)

As always, you can ask questions and I will do my best to provide answers.

Best regards,

Bruman

Comments

• dhirendra
    dhirendra Community Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bruman,

I am downloaded the zip file that you uploaded and put two different email ID in emailresults.asp file at (msg.To = "[email protected]" and msg.From = "[email protected]") but I am not received any test results via email.

Can you please help me out, what should do to receive test/survey result via email.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhirendra

@bruman 37834 wrote:
    This is a solution I offer to the community where you can have test results from your Lectora elearning project being sent via email without requiring the Email client on the users desktop be used. This will help in the circumstances where the user's computer is not configured for the email client. The email is sent with the answers chosen by the user, the users name, and the score. You can add multitple email to have the test results sent.

I am providing a zipped file with a awt created using Lectora 9 with a dummy test of 10 questions. There is an emailresults.asp file that has the code that will send the test results. Within this file is where you will add the email addresses (See bottom of this file).

This .asp file is added within the Title properties under the "Additional files" tab.

Within the "Final Assessment" test properties, under results, you will also check "Submit test to CGI program", with the method "POST" and submit results to: emailresults.asp. Take a look at the other options checked.

The zipped file has everything needed and is a working example. You will have to open the awt file, publish it, and then test on your server. (Do not test from your desktop. It will not work)

As always, you can ask questions and I will do my best to provide answers.

Best regards,

Bruman
  • mgilbert
    mgilbert Community Member Posts: 33 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I also tried your sample and it would not send me an email. I did not recieve any errors, but I did not recieve any email either. Can you help. Maybe our server needs some other settings enabled or disabled.
  • adamhedger
    adamhedger Community Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me.

I have a simulation of a system we use and a result page that gathers the inputs that the trainer has typed during the simulation.

I would like to either email the results to the trainer, preferrably without the user seeing them, or exporting them to a spredasheet.

Do any of you have any ideas how I might achive this?

I would be very grateful.

Thanks
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    @adamhedger 60214 wrote:
    Hi all,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me.

I have a simulation of a system we use and a result page that gathers the inputs that the trainer has typed during the simulation.

I would like to either email the results to the trainer, preferrably without the user seeing them, or exporting them to a spredasheet.

Do any of you have any ideas how I might achive this?

I would be very grateful.

Thanks

The easiest method is probably capturing data with Google Spreadsheets: http://lectora.com/blog/capture-learner-data-google-spreadsheets/

PS. This question has much better chance of being noticed in a general Lectora section, not in Tips&Tricks.