eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Hide/Show Buttons

bege90
bege90 Community Member Posts: 14

This is my example of how I made this work. My version has several steps and someone may have a way of shortening it but it worked in my course. I wanted my users to be click on all of my images before the next button appeared.

Have the Next button initially invisible.

I created a user defined VAR for each of my image/button set at an initial value of 0

Then on each of my image/buttons I set actions. I did this same action on all of them on the page.
On click
Modify Variable
VAR_name
Value 1

Then because I didn't know which order people would be clicking the images/buttons I also set another action to show my next button. The key here is you have to do it on each image/button so that when it hits all of the VARs the next button will show.
On Click
Show Next
SET CONDITIONS: (make sure to add all of the VARs you created)
Only perform if all of the following are true
VAR_name is Equal To 1

Hope it helps.

Bege90 said:I would like to know how to hide my next button until all of the buttons have been pressed on my page. I tried creating the variable contain/does not contain but it will not appear even after I have clicked on each button. Any suggestions?