show active and inactive buttons

kasaer
kasaer Community Member Posts: 16

Not quite sure I follow exactly what you are asking, but it seems you want to know how to de-activate and/or activate buttons. To show a button inactive, make an image (not a button) that looks just like the button, but is "grayed." Place this image over the button when you do not want the button to be clickable. To control this through actions, use Show/Hide on the image that is placed over the button. Also make sure this image is "always on top" to ensure it sits on top of the button. This way the user sees the button, but cannot click it. If you want to de-activate an object on the screen that you no longer want clickable, you can do a similar thing but instead of an image, use a transparent rectangle to place over the object. This not only de-activates the object, but eliminates the hand cursor that you naturally get over a clickable object. I hope this helps answer your question!

kasaer said:We are doing a tech course of an application, but instead of captivate we only want to use a few screenshots since we are dealing with PHI(Personal Health Info). I have it set up whereby if you click on one button (1) it grays out to show that it is active while the others are blue. When they click on one of the other buttons the 1st one returns to blue and the one just click turns grey. I am sure in flash this will be easily done, but I am not a wiz at all. Is there an easier way? There are other buttons that will be clicked leaving the ones not in use active. So moving back and forth is important. Of course with each click it brings up images. This is a quite hectic to map out. Any help will be appreciated!